2011. április 27., szerda

the crazy vegetarian

Becoming vegetarian wasn’t a sudden idea. It’s not about the taste of meat, it is about my feelings. I am sorry for the animals and the feeling that I can’t eat them became stronger and stronger and one day I decided to stop it. I was 12 years old then. Some says that I put it down like alcoholics. Well, maybe yes, maybe not.
When I was around 14-15 years old I was here in Pécs many times, I came to see my friends. Sometimes we were sitting on Széchenyi Square and we were watching people, but one day I saw a woman with a bold fur coat and furred handbag. She was wearing it so proudly and we could see that she is very very rich. Then, I realised that she has a dog with her and I decided to go there and ask her: "Would you wear your dog also, madame?” She couldn’t answer, she got angry and told me to go away before she hits me. So I left the lady and went back to my friends. I will never understand why it is good for people to wear furred clothes and stuffs. After this experience I decicded to help animals in every way I can. I was also at an animal shelter, help them, played with the animals, even they could be a bit happier when I was there. When I see an errant animal, I give it food and water if I can and try to find home for it also.
What hurts me the most is the fact that there are people who torture animals. I can’t imagine how can it happen and why people do it. Animals can’t fight in this case, can’t ask for help, they are so innocent.
So because of these things I decided not to eat meat because I am so so sorry for them and I don’t want to be one who kills them and I know that it sounds stupid, because I don’t kill them, but I feel if I eat meat I also killed an animal. In my opinion we have to take care of living being, I mean humans also, not only animals but they are who can’t tell us their problems.
It is enough for me if my readers just think about it a bit and maybe they could have one-two days when they don’t eat meat. Maybe my apprehension is a bit complex or seems silly but this is what I feel inside and I can’t do anything.
And why am I crazy? Others think that I am crazy because I take is so seriously but I think it is a general thing to believe in myself and do what I feel to have to do. They also think that it was a teenager idea and I will grow out of it but no. This is my life and I assume it. I enjoy my life and try to make others to do it also.

2 megjegyzés:

  1. Kudos for letting your conscience guide your actions! There is absolutely nothing wrong with your heart and feelings leading your mind down that path of vegetarianism (or veganism).

    I admire your actions and thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    VálaszTörlés
  2. Thank you very much to read it and comment on it. I hope everything is okay with you, have a nice day or evening :D

    VálaszTörlés